The following list is made up of important reminders and procedures for our classroom:
• Please check your child’s home folder daily to see the work that they have done, homework that may be assigned, or other informational items.
• Most of our sharing will be verbal instead of the typical show and tell items. However, there will be some weeks when your child may be asked to share an item that relates to a specific topic. Also throughout the year, each child will take a turn being the “Star of the Week.” I do send home an information sheet explaining what to do when it is your child's turn.
• Students will have a milk break in the afternoon. If your child has a milk ticket, I have let them decide if they would like to take a milk. If this is not the case, send a note to let me know. Students may bring a snack for themselves that will not be shared with the class. I strongly encourage a healthy snack for each child.
• Students may bring store-bought treats to celebrate their birthday. We have 21 students in our class.
• If there is going to be any change in where your child is going after school, you will need to send a note. If there is not a note or a phone call to the office, your child will be sent to their usual destination.
• We will go to the Media Center weekly throughout the year. Books should be returned and checked out each week with the class. It is much easier and helpful to me if books are checked out and returned with the class. This way I can assist with making book choices. Our library day is Thursday afternoon 12:45 - 1:15.
• To help pay for our holiday class parties, $5.00 from each student would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!